1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups milk
1-1/2 cups flour
vanilla to taste
1. Place butter in pan and set in a 400 degree oven. While butter melts, mix batter quickly. Mix eggs in a blender or food processor and whirl high speed for 1 minute. With motor running gradually pour in milk, then slowly add flour, continue whirling for 30 seconds. Or, in a bowl beat eggs until blended; gradually beat in milk then flour.
2. Remove pan from oven and pour in batter. Return pan to oven and bake until pancake is well browned. (20 to 25 minutes, depending on pan size).
3. Serve with butter, syrup, fresh strawberries, anything you can think of.
Note: A good old reliable really nice breakfast.
This recipe is making its way around the web. I think it is originally from Pioneer Women's website. I made this in Knoxville this past week and everyone really enjoyed it.
1 loaf sourdough bread (I used a soft French loaf)
2 cups milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. vanilla
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1 stick cold butter, cut into pieces
1. Grease a 9x13 pan with butter. Tear bread into bite-size chunks and place evenly in the pan.
2. Mix together the eggs, milk, cream, sugar, and vanilla. Pour evenly over bread. Cover tightly and store in the fridge for several hours (I put mine in overnight....it was about 12 hours).
3. In a medium bowl mix together the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender until it all looks nice and crumbly (like small pebbles, according to P-Dub). Place in a ziploc bag and put in fridge.
4. When ready to bake, take pan and bag out of fridge. Remove wrap and evenly sprinkle the crumb mixture over the top. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees (or 45 minutes if you like it more soft and pudding-like).
Oh my gosh! This was so good. I found this recipe online, and tweaked it just a little, and it's definitely a keeper, especially if it's cold outside. I served it with warm French bread. Also, Paul preferred it without the ricotta and I preferred it with the ricotta. Also, to keep the pasta firm, I just cooked it and didn't add it to the soup. I added it to the bowl and poured the soup over it.
Ingredients for the soup:
2 tsp. olive oil (I didn't use any oil)
1-1/2 lbs. Italian sausage
3 cups chopped onions
4 garlic cloves, minced (I sliced mine)
2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
2 bay leaves
6 c. chicken stock
8 oz. fusilli pasta
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
salt and ground pepper, to taste
(I also added some homemade meatballs cut into quarters)
for the cheesy bit:
8 oz. ricotta
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp. salt
ground pepper to taste
(I added some Italian seasoning and Johnny's Great Caesar Garlic Salt)
for additional cheesy bit:
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add sausage, breaking up into bite sized pieces, and brown for about 5 minutes. Add onions and cook until softened, about 6 minutes. Add garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Cook for 1 minute. Add tomato paste and stir well to incorporate. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the tomato paste turns a rusty brown color.
Add diced tomatoes, bay leaves, and chicken stock. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Right before serving, stir in the basil and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
While the pasta is cooking, prepare the cheesy yum. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta, Parmesan, salt, and pepper.
To serve, place a dollop of the ricotta mixture in each soup bowl, sprinkle some of the mozzarella on top and ladle the hot soup over the cheese.
1/2 cup butter
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 1/3 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cups chopped walnuts
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1. Melt butter in a 13x9x2 inch pan.
2. Sprinkle crumbs evenly over butter. Sprinkle in layers, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, nuts, and top with coconut.
3. Pour condensed milk over all.
4. Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 30 minuters.
5. Let cool and cut in bars.